Yield is what matters, and Agrisure® corn traits are Built for Yield™. Only Agrisure® traits bring together three critical elements that build yield:
- High-performance traits
- Elite hybrid genetics
- Advanced technology integration
Putting traits into genetics—technology integration—is an art and a science. Syngenta employs industry-leading standards when selecting and inserting its proprietary corn traits into high-quality germplasm. The Syngenta technology integration method taps a naturally occurring plant pathogen called agrobacterium, which has been inserting its own DNA into plant cells for thousands of years. The resulting process gently adds specific traits to plants to ensure better performance while preserving genetic integrity.
Thanks to the Syngenta technology integration process, all Agrisure® products are carefully designed to make certain that each Agrisure® hybrid yields just as well, if not better, than the same hybrid without that trait. The result is more of the yield, profit potential and value producers are seeking.
Trial results show that adding the Agrisure® RW trait to Agrisure® CB/LL hybrids increased yields an average of 3.7 bushels per acre over the same hybrid without the Agrisure® RW trait — even in the absence of rootworm pressure.1
Agrisure® 3000GT hybrids provide the ultimate in yield protection and the flexibility to choose management practices that fit each production system. The new quad stack protects against both corn borer and corn rootworm with tolerance to in-season applications of both glyphosate and glufosinate (Liberty®) herbicides.
- Exceptional resistance to damaging corn insects
- Protection against western, northern and Mexican corn rootworms
- Protection against first- and second-generation European corn borer
- Excellent control of leaf-feeding damage and suppression of ear-feeding damage from corn earworm
- Suppression of fall armyworm and southern cornstalk borer
- Increased flexibility in weed and volunteer corn management
- Freedom to spray glyphosate or glufosinate herbicides in-season to reduce weed pressure
- A trait solution for either glyphosate- or glufosinate-tolerant volunteer plants in corn-on-corn rotations
Agrisure® RW delivers proven corn rootworm protection to help unleash the full genetic potential of elite hybrids.
- Field trials from 2005 to 2007 showed corn hybrids with the protection of the Agrisure® RW trait yielded an average of 27.9 bushels per acre more than the negative isoline in areas with heavy corn rootworm infestation.2
- In areas of very heavy corn rootworm infestation, the average yield increase was 56 bushels per acre.2
For more information, see your CROPLAN® seed local agronomist or visit www.agrisuretraits.com.
1. Average yield increase when comparing isoline hybrids at 133 grower strip trial comparisons in 2007 where rootworm feeding was not present in untreated checks.
2. Syngenta Research Trials, 32 locations, 2005–2007.